Name: Patrick Davenport
Email Address: email@example.com
Running For: Commission District 1
Are you a Democrat? Yes
If elected, will you work to enact the ACCDC platform? (Attached in the email we sent you.)Yes
Have you ever been a member of the ACCDC? If you have, please indicate your years of service and describe your work with the ACCDC.No
Please list all campaigns you have worked on, regardless of party affiliation, in either a volunteer or staff member capacity, on either the federal, state, or local level, and briefly describe your work on each.
- Kay Hagan, NC US Senate, Fayetteville, NC GOTV efforts.
- Herb Gilmore, Athens, GA district 3 commissioner, Volunteer Coordinator.
- Ovita Thornton, Athens, GA District 9 Commissioner, Field Director.
Please describe any work you have done in your community, either in Athens-Clarke County or elsewhere, in support of progressive causes.
- Economic Justice Coalition living wages campaign, Voter registration, social justice campaigns.
- Support A4E and AADM anti discrimination, stop deportation.
- Support U-Lead Athens. Helped with UGA Union. etc.
Please list organizations and/or causes you have been involved with in any kind of substantial way.
- Economic Justice Coalitio
- Georgia Legal Services Program
- Georgia Clients Council.
If elected, what will be your policy priorities? Please describe 3 – 5 priorities.
1) Poverty- advocate paying a living wage, create robust transportation, facilitate affordable housing, help small business owners grow and help entrepreneurs achieve their dream(s). My main focus is poverty and it is multifaceted and complex. It will be my main focus if elected.
2)Revitalizing East Athens. Brining more resources to the east side, more parks, building community organizations and HOAs. Implementing the Lexington Road Corridor and brining vital essentials to a much needed community.
3) Open transparency. More community involvement. Work with community and community organizations in addressing and resolving issues. Working with our community leaders to improve poverty and relations in hopes to empower constituents. More town Hall meetings to engage constituents.
Does your campaign have a platform? If so, please include a link here. www.patrickfordistrict1.com
Do you support raising the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour? Yes
Do you support making it easier for workers to organize and join unions?Yes
Will you support policies aimed at increasing the stock of affordable housing in in-town neighborhoods and making home-ownership more possible for ACC’s low-income residents?Yes
Would you support initiatives to help keep longtime Athens residents in their homes — people who are in danger of being pushed out of their neighborhoods by gentrification and rising taxes?Yes
Do you support equal pay for equal work for women?Yes
Should marijuana should be removed from the list of “Schedule 1” federal controlled substances?Yes
Should local law enforcement agencies be required to assist federal immigration law enforcement agencies with deportations?No
Should military-style weapons be accessible to civilians?No
Do you support repealing the Campus Carry law?Yes
Do you support incentivizing investments in clean energy and ending tax breaks and other perks for fossil fuel companies?Yes
Do you support increasing protections for wetlands buffers to help keep our waterways uncontaminated?Yes
Do you support comprehensive non-discrimination legislation in ACC?Yes
Should it be illegal for public businesses and institutions to discriminate against LBGTQ people? Yes
Do you support the expansion of Medicaid in Georgia?Yes
Do you support the goal of Universal healthcare – healthcare as a fundamental human right for every American?Yes
Should all state education funds should be directed to public schools?Yes
What are your thoughts about how to secure safe schools for all students?
More resources for mental health. Providing resource officers with more training and resources. Preventive measures and more resources given to case managers to understand at-risk youth.
Do you support the current Teacher Retirement System of Georgia?
Should legislation requiring electoral districts be drawn by an independent, nonpartisan redistricting commission? Yes
Do you support restoring the full protections of the Voters Rights Act? Yes